Friday, April 13, 2012
We have our first live quiz of the season with a quiz by BCQC's Ramanand Janardhan. This is a re-run of a Nihilanth Quiz he conducted at IIM Calcutta a few years back. Shubhankar will be bringing his new buzzer to the quiz so we should have fun experimenting with the pounce format.
Vikram will be asking the questions since JR can't make it to Mumbai.
Quizmaster: Vikram Joshi (Questions set by Ramanand J)
When: 3 PM, Sunday, 15 April 2012 (Please be there by 2:45 PM for team assignments)
Where: Pinstorm, Ground Floor, Swati House (Next to Kotak Bank on Linking Road), North Avenue, Santa Cruz (W).
Thursday, April 05, 2012
The second edition of the Bombay Open series of quizzes is being brought to you by the Bombay Quiz Club. The event is happening over 2 days - on Saturday, April 28th and Sunday April 29th - at the Bengal Club, Shivaji Park, Mumbai comprising 6 quizzes over 2 days:
DAY 1 - SATURDAY APRIL 28th
1. Gen Quiz for Colleges (mixed college teams allowed, school teams are also welcome)
Timings: 9:30 am to 12:30 pm
Quiz Masters: Abhinav Dasgupta, Aditya Gadre and Atul Mathew
2. Open Sports Quiz
Timings: 1:15 pm to 4:00 pm
Quiz Masters: Shubhankar Gokhale and Srinath TB
3. Open Entertainment Quiz
Timings: 4:15 pm to 7:45 pm
Quiz Master: Anannya Deb
DAY 2 - SUNDAY APRIL 29th
1. Open India Quiz
Timings: 10 am to 12:30 pm
Quiz Masters: Rajiv Rai and Dhananjay Shettigar
2. Written "Gossip" Quiz
Timings: 1:30 pm to 3:30 pm
Quiz Master: Vibhendu Tewari
3. Open General Quiz
Timings: 4:00 pm to 7:30 pm
Quiz Master: Vikram Joshi
Please note the following rules and regulations:
1) For the College Quiz (or for college students wanting a waiver on registration fee for Open events), participants are required to get a valid college ID card.
2) All quizzes for teams of 3.
3) Entry fee for open quizzes - Rs 100 per team. There is no registration fee payable by students. Spot registration.
4) No accommodation arrangement will be arranged by the BQC. The quiz timings do allow participants to come in by the first flight and leave by the last flight to most major cities in India.
Top flight quiz masters, top notch prize money (over Rs 50K in cash and likely to increase as we tie up with sponsors) and happening right in the heart of Mumbai.
We would love your enthusiastic participation to complement the event and make it a success.